Ruger243223-I've not ran any of the 65 Bergers. Although a bud of mine was running them in his 6/284, from what I can recall we hit two yotes with it. One yote the exit was fairly impressive and the other was like, where on earth did we hit it (and it was a good hit, had to do some skinning to sort it out. As a fur bullet I'd say it's worth another look. I kind of thought it might be fairly hard but it wasn't much of a test...

On the 55's in the 24/06, over 4K is pretty easy and we had one 26" 12 twist running them at 4400....yikers

They (55's) do work really well when trying to be fur friendly and they roasted some whitey's and lopes with ease as well. My wife used it to tip over a really nice lope @ 300 a couple of falls back. She just grabbed a bullet and nuked the lope, had no idea of what kind of bullet she stuck up the pipe...grin

I've no idea whatsoever as to what these barrels would weigh by themselves. IMO there contour is very much like a magnum 700.

As for case life, it's been very good for me. I typically run the cases 9 times, trim every third shot and toss b4 I get to 10.

It is really a user friendly round and yet is incredibly capable!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy