If I had to judge by regional availablity here in the shops I regularly cruise and the gun shows I go to, there is no ammo shortage. The crowds are lugging away ammo and the makings at a record rate... and yet there is still more on the shelves. It can't last forever. Something has to give -- the refilling of shelves or the seemingly self-sustaining panic.

Note how many sellers of the products use scare stories to justify their high prices and yet noone seems to question their commercial interest in the panic talk. I have had shop owners say they can't keep up with black rifle demand -- with a whole rack on display right behind them and more coming in the back door!

There are also lots of aluminimum-foil hatters, rascists, and the usual eleven fingered crowd who seem to be driving the process too. They are armed to the teeth and not only digging in to fight the UN paratroopers -- they are aggressive and not particularly into law and order either.

Hell, I even joined the crowd buying a Mini 14 ranch rifle in 6.8 rather than weld bayonet studs onto my Ruger #1s... But I'm not sure it will ever get used, except on a deer maybe... or on some green-toothed moron acting out his Gotterdamerung fantasy.

As we used to say in the Army 40 years ago, "---ing Americans".

1B

Last edited by 1B; 01/30/09.