Several factors have kept my buddy from getting going with his VTR in 308, but a couple of weeks ago I bought one for myself. It's looking to be a real shooter and I haven't even fine tuned any loads to it, I've just shot some standards any good 308 ought to like.

Here's an example. I have a bunch of Lake City Match M852 ammunition that came from one lot number, and I've been sorting it for runout. After sorting I take the good ones and run them through one of my seating dies to make the lengths more uniform and to pop the neck sealant.

Yesterday I was shooting a batch that had been marked as having 0.004" runout measured on the bullet ogive a tenth of an inch forward of the case mouth. So they were pretty good but not the best. With this ammo it was easy to shoot 3/4" five shot groups at 100 yards. Toward the end of the day I had ten (yes, ten) rounds remaining that I fired into one 0.88" group.

In this same brass I'm going to duplicate the military match load using all my minimal sizing and concentricity tricks. I'd like to see if I can get ten into 3/4" or less.

mathman