Ed's general design is really a winner. The large stove is 8" diam. by 10" deep, so ~ 10*3*16 = 480 cu. in. It was a wastebasket from Bed, Bath, Beyond $26? All up, it weighs 3.5 lb. but there's no way you need to use bolts as big as I used, they're 0.5 lb. I haven't burned this one yet. It has a 3" pipe and uses my TiGoat collar.

The small stove is exactly to Ed's specs, a storage can from Bed, Bath, Beyond. $12. The little SnowPeak kettle with 20 oz. water came to a rolling boil in about 15'.

The smaller collar was made from some galvanized sheet I had laying around. You can see how white and crusty it looks. It is definitely sacrificial and will need to be replaced. I just rolled a rectangular piece into a cylinder and gauged it by putting it into the stove hole, then clamped it and marked holes for a couple rivets and where the damper lever goes through. I bet if you had a punch, that would be cleaner than drilling the holes.

Then, you rivet the cylinder and use it as a template to trace the circular damper plate. Rather than explain all that, I'll get a picture up in a bit. My damper lever is like on a big house woodstove. It has that wavy part in the middle of the lever to lock it into the plate. TiGoat uses a straight lever with a washer welded onto it. I'd do that but I cannot weld.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by huskyrunnr; 03/22/09.