I have one of the Featherweights in 7x57 and it would take an act of God to pry it from my hands. I bought it off a friend sans scope and pounted a 3x9 Leupold on the gun. groups were horrible, literally all over the place. I was cussing my friend out something awful. I took it to my gun smith for a trigger and glas bed job and when I got it back it was just as bad. I'm about ready yo take it back to the guy and give it back as a suppository, I'm that mad, when I got the bright idea to change scopes. I dunno why I thought that might be the problem as the scope on the gun was NIB when I put it on the gun. Well, I changed scopes, went to the range and HOLY COW! The first group was slightly less than one inch. The enxt was just as good and every group after that has been MOA or less with what ever I put in that gun, with one exception. I bought a couple of bags of Winchester 150 gr. Power Points and they are terrible. I weighed 100 of the bullets and the weight ran plus or minus two full grains over the nominal weight. I'd tried them in three different 7x57 rifles and my .280 Rem. before doing the weight check. Simply garbage!
I have a small supply of the long discontinued Sierra 170 gr. Pro-Hunter round nose bullets and over a stiff load of W-760, I get beautiful almost perfectly formed three leaf clovers.
FWIW, I also have an FN Mauser (J.C. Higgins M50 action) rebarreled to 7x57 that is sub-MOA with the Winchester 145 gr. Power-Point ammo. That same ammo is MOA in the M70.
I would have to say that if the price is right, I'd snap up another M70 in 7x57 and never look back.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE