Personally I like the G series packs a LOT... Dana, however, has seen fit to offer only two sizes and, try as I might, I fall in between those two. No big deal, there are other packs out there. However, some years back I suggested the upper load lifter attachment point be adjustable as it would be a real help to get more sized folks into the packs.

If a G series fit me I'd be an owner right now. No big deal. I understand the economics of not wanting to offer the something like the four frame sizes like at the old DD.

As to the packs built around the Alice frame, no thanks... the frame is clearly very short for the size loads some of the bags are built for as the pics of Rackmaster's pack above clearly show.

I understand there's an "extender" for the Alice sized frames... hmmm, wonder why?

Load lifters work and are one really important and key feature to a comfortable riding internal frame with big loads... that's REALITY. They can't do their work laying flat to the shoulder on a large pack... O* lift is fine on a smaller pack bag, but not on the 4,000 ci + being hung on a small frame.

I've sent a LOT of business to MR because they build high quality stuff and everyone I've dealt with has been wonderful. Especially Andrew.

However, I'm not prepared to drink koolaid just because someone tells me the military Alice frame size is the right size platform for big packs. It ain't and no amount of wishing will change that for me.

The military wanted to keep their Alice frames and wanted bags to hang on them. Dana smartly obliged and the whole thing has blossomed into a wonderful operation. I'm happy about that, but I have no interest in an Alice sized frame. If someone finds bliss in their short, fat MR pack I'm all for them! Let your own experience dictate your decision.

"Mystery Ranch" has twice sent me angry and obnoxious PM's... obviously a young kid to take anything I've expressed without emotion, giving all the due and credit where I can where I see it, and expressed in the context of a matter of personal opinion and preference on a public forum, as a personal attack... that's just dumb.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery