GoForBroke: I suggest giving the Nosler 70 Ballistic Tips a little more field use and maybe the results you are after will appear?
I have used the wonderfully accurate and rather "explosive" Nosler 70 grain Ballistic Tips in a number of 24 caliber Varminters for many years now.
Including Varminters in 6mm PPC, 6x47, 6mm Remington Bench Rest, 243 Winchester, 6mm Remington, 6mm Remington Ackley Improved and 240 Weatherby.
I choose my bullets for accuracy first, lethality second and availability third - the Nosler 70 grain Ballistic Tips fulfill my needs very well and I still use them in several of my 24 caliber Varminters.
"Explosive-ness" does not really enter into my comparisons of Varminting bullets.
I do remember a number of spectacular terminal "performances" these bullets have made for me on Rock Chucks in the past though.
Again run a few more Nosler 70's through your Rifle in the field and keep tabs on the results.
2 Chucks is not a large enough comparison pool to write off this fine bullet just yet.
Best of luck with the 243!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy