9.3 GUY,

By time you have somebody try to fix that stock, you might end up with more money in it than just starting with a new, semi-inletted stock in the style you like, or a used stock that fits the rifle.
The Monte Carlo stocks are a matter of taste, but they are built to bring your eye in line with the scope. If you remove the Monte Carlo Rollover, your drop will be too low to give proper scope alignment.
Another thing I find interesting is a cross bolt on a 30-06? I could be wrong, but I'm betting Remington didn't waste money on such frivolous things on such a low recoiling cartridge, as a 30-06. Also, Redwood tip and caps just weren't something that came off the production line in Ilion.
I'm thinking this was a stock somebody had on a big bore, cracked the stock, and then swapped the stock to this rifle and sold the rifle to recoup some of his money.
If the stock is servicable and you really want to reshape it to salvage the wood, let me know. I might be interested in a project like that. As long as the cracks can be repaired, it should hold up to 30-06 recoil with no real problems.- Bob 'da Butcher

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.