Art & Butch,

I was hoping you'd check in. Because you both obviously know a lot more about it than I ever will.

When I said "crossbolt" I assumed that because it has two little rosewood plugs on either side of the stock. That "cheesy little brass pin" does not usually require plugs.

My comment on the Monte Carlo was not meant to mean that I want it taken off. Just that I prefer a straight "Classic" styled stock as a matter of personal preference.

Art,

Now that you mention it, I have never seen an action as badly pitted as this one is. Funny thing, tho' the pitting is only on the action. I have no intention of putting the stock back on that action. I'd probably use it on another of my 700's. I have checked the barrel contour and it appears to be standard non-magnum 700 with the exception of the 24" length. The barrel will likely be used later for a .30-06 IMP. or a .308 Norma. But that project is far down my list.

I plan to have this action rebarreled to factory contour in 7x64 Brenneke. Then soft satin matte blued and put into a Brown Prec. stock that I have. I use 'glass stocks on my 'using' rifles. But much prefer pretty wood on my fun rifles. Thannks guys...the9.3Guy

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"