I know there are a lot of fans of the Partition out here, and I've used them to great success. But I've been working up some loads for testing and have never tried an A-Frame in any of my guns.
Specifically, I'm debating whether to play with the 280 grain A-Frame in my .358 Norma, but can't seem to justify it on ballistics alone when compared with the higher muzzle velocity and way better BC of a 250 Partition.
In general, do you gain anything with the A-Frame in terms of terminal performance? I have a pretty good feeling the 250 Partition will give me complete penetration from most angles on elk, so I'm not sure I'll be able to take advantage of whatever additional penetration I might get with the 280 A-Frame.
Most of my guns have shot Partitions very well, but I haven't heard many folks exclaim the accuracy they get from A-Frames.
Does anybody get better accuracy out of A-Frames compared to Partitions?
This is primarily for elk, but there's a fair chance some mule deer might get introduced to this rig.
Does anyone believe the flatter nose of an A-Frame will initiate expansion a little better than a Partition(which seem to do pretty good on that end in my experience).
Anything else I didn't think of? I'd appreciate any thoughts ya'll have.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter