I think if a guy is an "extreme range" shooter and NEEDS a higher BC bullet (to pick a number, 90% of us don't),or for braining elephants or raking Cape buffalo stem to stern,or some other highly specialzed shooting or hunting activity,he may be able to see an advantage to some other bullet over a Partition.

But,the more I read this and other threads on other bullets,with their expansion "issues",slipped cores,etc.,and aspirin tablet expansion characteristics,and the more I think about it and look back on using the Partition over the years,I understand why I just reach for a box of Partitions and go hunting most of the time.

Oh, I've found some that the bases have sorta bulged on,and one that spun out the core when it deflectd before impact;sometimes they exit,and sometimes they don't.Certain weights and calibers I just never seem to recover.

But by and large,long range or short,at high close range velocity or longish where velocity has fallen off,with a quartering-on, broadside,or angling shot from the last rib,(and so long as I've chosen one suited to the animal)when I pull the trigger with a Partition,I know what's going to happen.There are no surprises and animals end up pretty thoroughly dead.

Which is why I'm mystified by allegations of "failure","blow ups",and "inadequate penetration".From the depths of my inexperience, I can count the other big game bullets I trust as much on two or three fingers.None of them have plastic tips grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.