If you want to go watch the whole massacre played out before your very eyes, visit this place:

Trumpet in the Land

It's an outdoor portrayal of the massacre complete with the mallet, the 100 slain indians and 10 minutes of brains being spattered over the stage.

I had a girlfriend who worked there one summer, and helped build the urea foam mountain on the left of the stage. I went to visit and caught the show.

Those Moravians really dug the whole thing. The theatre was filled with mostly Moravians in their archaic dress and a few tourists. They really loved the Injuns getting it.

7mmbuster: I've done a lot of hiking at Shawnee. In fact the Silver Arrow that starts at Camp Oyo is my favorite quick overnighter for working out the Winter kinks. The campground at Roosevelt Lake is my favorite destination for an "emergency campout" when I get up on Saturday morning and announce we're bugging out. It's close, (but not too close) uncrowded and clean. My first time there in 1984-- had a black bear come by at 3 AM. The whole campground went nuts!