toltecgriz:

I would have taken the pleas, just to get out from under it, except for one reason.

The arresting officer took several pretty nice guns that I had in my safe. He told me he was taking them for safe keeping and that I could get them back when I posted bond.

After he took the guns, and a few days later, I saw the actual complaint. On the complaint, it showed that he had taken the most expensive gun as evidence, a Rem LSS 700 in .300 RUM with a 3.5 X 10 X 50 Leupold, about a $1500.00 outfit.

On the papers I have, he seized it as evidence. As evidence of what, I don't know, because it and all the other guns were locked in my safe during and several months before the incident. None of the guns played any part in the incident.

Under Georgia law, all items seized as evidence are forfieted if the person is found guilty. Under Georgia law, a guilty plea, even to a lesser crime is considered a conviction, meaning that the police would keep that rifle. I can't prove it, but I think that is the reason he classified it as evidence instead of safe keeping.

So, no, whatever the outcome, I am not giving in to a bunch of thieves.

He also lied on the complaint, and when I went before the magistrate that sets bond and he asked if I understood the charges, I said that, no I don't, that they are not true and that Sargent lied on the incident report. The judge said that the Sergent was a close friend of his and they visited each other frequently and that he was sure the Sergent would't lie.

I'm sure that didn't help my position any, and when I am convicted, the Sargent will probably end up with it.