Thought I was one of the very few who likes Barnes X bullets. I sure wish they made a .41 caliber pistol X bullet. I�d sure use them.
About hard cast instead of jacketed. I started out in 1989 using a Sierra 210g Sports Master # 8520 Power Jacket/19.5/2400 in my first 657. I killed a ton of deer, hogs, goats, and just about anything it was set against that I could hit. The common thing with all these was that they were all �soft� and about 200lbs tops. About 1995 I started looking at bigger animals, pigs mostly and began to notice that the Sierra bullet wasn�t taking care of business as well on these big, tough, pigs. Had a very close call with a 318lbs feral sow. The sow was dead but just wouldn�t concede that fact and tried to impress that on me, came close. Got me to looking for something better and bigger. Well now at 5 years later I see that I didn�t really need a bigger .41 just a different load. I now use a 250g hard cast from CPBT or BearTooth for all my hunting. I�ll be the first to concede that my current hunting load is extreme for 90% of my hunting. I just find it convenient to not have to carry more than one loading on hunting trips and I don�t have to think twice about dancing with the BIG piggies or anything else for that matter.
Now to moose, some would say they are the largest game animals in NA. I would surely say they are at least number two being surpassed only by some of the bears in AK. Just the shear muscle mass will soak up lots of bullet energy. Bullets have to go a long ways to reach all the �stuff� that makes a moose go. Bones are large and hard. I have never hunted moose. I can only compare size to the five larges animals I have killed with a .41 caliber handgun. A 600+ lbs cow bison, and injured and very POed 1800+ lbs Angus bull, and three feral cattle 2x1400+ and a monster of over 2100lbs. All were killed with one shot, three from a.41RemMag, and two from a .41 Gary Reeder wildcat. All the bullets were 250g WFNGC from CPBT. All went through and were not recovered. I wouldn�t have attempted any of these shots if I had been loaded with the Sierra bullet. With an animal as big as a moose I want to be very sure that I can punch through all the front end muscle to break that beast down. I also want that hole to leak at both ends. The hard cast bullet out of a pistol has the best chance of doing that. Just my $.02 worth.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's