I used the POD several times in the late 80's in the MS area. The POD is a piece of molded plastic that has 4 chambers and a rubber O-ring on the fletching side of the POD. You would get a balloon and run it over the POD where the open end of the balloon would be on the side of the broadhead. The when arrow hit the animal the balloon would roll up the arrow releasing the ANECTINE into the animal. The animal never ran more than 50-60 yards. When using the POD the Anectine was more effective when the animal was hit in a muscle and not as effective when hit in the chest cavity but when hit in the chest cavity it really wasn't needed. I've seen several deer shot using Anectine and there is no doubt that it was effective. From what I know, the Anectine attacks the respiratory system and closes down the function of the lungs. I can't remember where I got the Anectine but I don't think that I got it from a vet.

Nevertheless, this stuff worked wonders as you rarely heard of a lost animal.

Hopefully this has helped someone know and understand how these PODS looked, the drug that was used, and the effectiveness of their use.

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.