Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Originally Posted by lcw
dkhnt's post is dead on. I live in Mississippi and you can buy pods and "poison" at many archery shops. I've been told you can no longer get anectine from veterinarians and the stuff archery shops have is so diluted that it may not work.

Still in use? Didn't expect that.

Would this drug effect the meat at all OR the guy gutting/processing the animal??

That was my first question when I started bowhunting a long time ago and the answer I got was NO. I've processed many deer that have been shot with pods. My guess is once this powder is released from the balloon rolling off the pod, it is spread thin enough that if you did get a little in a cut on your hand, you would not be drugged. I've heard all kinds of rediculous stories about the stuff, but I've never heard of anyone getting sick or going belly up from skinning and processing a deer shot with a pod or a hypodermic needle. However, if you were to have an accident and fall on a broadhead with a pod loaded with potent stuff, there would be a good chance that you would be buzzard and coyote food.