Originally Posted by 340Wby
How do you think a 200gr TSX would gel in the 325WSM? What would one get(fps) approx. 2900-3000fps?
If I could get 2900+fps it would see me buy a FN Model 70 FW & give my 338WM a rest for a session grin

I shot several boxes of 200-TSX through my .325's. Nice load. I get 2940 fps with them, at 67.5 grains of H4350 WHICH IS A BOOK OVERLOAD SO BE CAREFUL!!

I also have run the 180 TSX quite a bit. Another very interesting load. STA (Randy) gets 3100 fps with that bullet and one of the RL powders (not RL17); the best I could do was 3060 or so with good ol' H4350.

Both the 200 and 180 TSX are very accurate in my .325's.

FWIW, I posted a thread on the Gunwriter's forum a couple months ago seeking advice on maximum penetration from a .325 WSM. I was wondering what folks thought about the 220 A-frame in particular. It wasn't much of a thread, it got mobbed by the usual band of disruptive a-holes, but the general feeling was that if a guy seeks MAX penetration from a .325, the 200-gn TSX was the best bet.

Again, though, the "measly" 200-gn Accubond penetrates like a big dog, so that leaves me feeling that penetration isn't an issue worth losing sleep over. I like how the Accubond kills fast, has a good BC, is relatively cheap and easy to get, etc.

But there probably isn't a "wrong" choice, just many flavors of "right". grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!