John Frazer,

When I get a new cartridge I am now ordering the Lee Collet die set along with a Redding "S" type FL die. After loading some rounds measure the neck diameter per the instructions and order a bushing.

The FL "S" die comes with an expanding button and another decaping pin holder that is smaller than the neck ID and has no expanding button. The idea of all this is to work the necks as little as possible and it avoids lubricating the insides of the necks as well.

If one orders a standard die set then there are some good brands with RCBS being the best for my use. The Redding FL dies are good but they have no bleed hole like the RCBS does and they will dent shoulders faster.

As to seating dies I have some bench rest type ones but the standard dies seem to do just as well for me as long as everything else is right. On of those just rights is to chamfer the inside of a neck at a very gradual angle. I use an industrial 15 degree tool and Lyman makes a 22 degree one. I read that Sinclair sells one that's adjustable. I feel there is less runout and more consistancy when the bullet seats with a soft feel.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!