Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Seems to be a lot of variation in FPS on this thread. My 223AI has a 22" tube, and shooting 40's I am getting around 3850 with 30grs of H335.

My thoughts also, seems a tight chamber can give you an extra 300 to 400fps because you can overload them. Very surprising since most of the time I only see around 30fps speed increase with .5 increase in powder with a 26" and 28" barrel. Without a custom chamber and without custom bullets the best accuracy loads with speed in our 223s is right around 3650fps with a 40 gr. Then again it could be my chrony. We are shooting them across a Chrony Alpha master and a Millennium and either one is within a few fps of the other. I have attained speeds up to 3700 with overloads but the accuracy wouldn't be there. I might also add I've never saw a Hart Barrel that wasn't a tack driver and while I've only seen a 1/2 dozen personally and got to shoot a couple should I chose to build a rifle it would be my first choice. If you added 4" to you barrel you would be doing close to 4000 with your's.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."