Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Seafire: I also live by the credo - don't burn out your barrels!
But consistent 4,000 F.P.S. shooting from a 223 case ain't gonna achieve that.
I also get great accuracy and lethality on Varmints with bullets at much lower velocitites.
Most of my 220 Swifts are "pokin" along at 22-250 velocities as well.
Save the steel!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: At the just concluded Missoula, Montana Gunshow I saw several sets of 223 WSSM dies for sale!
One set I nearly bought was a new set of Redding dies in 223 WSSM with an "asking price" of $20.00!
Another set of RCBS dies appeared to be new/as new and had an asking price of $15.00!!!
I don't have, nor do I want a 223 WSSM, but I was tempted to buy those dies anyway.

I have noticed bargain basement prices on WSSM die sets and brass locally also..... for anyone who has them, seems like they had better stock up now... won't be around long...

I never warmed up to the concept of the WSSM either...

played with the idea of necking a 25 WSSM to 6.5 mm... but after checking out powder capacity found out that it holds no more than a 260 Rem held... so why bother?????

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez