The following comments are some info I found in my own hand books when I looked up some reloading info for my son.

Vol 1 PO Ackley
25-35 WCF and the Marlin 25-36 are similar except that the Marlin is longer and will hold 36 gr black powder while the 25-35 will only hold 35gr.The 25 Remington is the same brass except that the brass is rimless .All the above calibers can be loaded with the 25-35 reloading data.

Ref: Hornady Hand Book 3rd Edition
Repeats most of the above and adds that the European designation for 25-35 WCF is 6.5x52R

Ref: NRA Hand Loading
Repeats all the above and states that the 25 Remington will not interchange with the 25-35. The max pressure should not exceed 40200c.u.p. Typical working pressure should be 37000
c.u.p.

Ref: Metalic Cartridge Reloading
Has most of the above info and goes on to say that ......For reasons obscure to this author SAAMI pressures specfications
are substantially lower for 25-35 than they are for 30-30.

My comments :
It appears that the 25-35 pressures are very conservative as compared to the pressures listed for 30-30 .This is especially true when considering the fact that 25-35 brass is derived from and or made from 30-30 brass and both calibers were chambered in the same rifles such as Savage 99 and Win 94.If a gun will handle 30-30 it sure will handle 25-35 with a max bullet of 120gr .This assumes that the gun is in good repair . I spent a good portion of my Mechanical Engineering career working in welding ,heatreating, and non destructive testing of numerous metals and have yet to hear of a natural aging process of metals that will reduce the tensil strength of steel .If this were a factor in the strength of steel , bridges and other 100 year old structures would be falling down regularly.For these reasons I have no problem with shooting old weapons in good condition.