I have a CZ 452 Varmint in HM2. My experience is that you have to be careful which Warne 7.3/22 you use depending on the scope and the rifle. Due to the 42mm objective and the fact that I use Butler Creek caps, I ended up having to order high rings. The mediums that I started with placed the AO objective a paper's thickness above the varmint's thick barrel. No way to add the cap. On top if that, the bolt, although operable, did contact the side of the scope. Using high rings solved both issues.

All that being said, if you have a regular barrel 452, are using a non-AO scope, or scope with a smaller objective, the medium rings should clear nicely at the objective, but still have the bolt issue. I have always tried to mount my scopes as low as possible but in this case, I had to use high rings.

One other thing to remember about the 7.3/22s. The top part of the rings are more than a half round. So they have to be "snapped" down over the scope body before setting the screws. This is a bit unnerving if you are doing it on a new scope. So make sure to place the scope carefully and near the eye relief you want, and then carefully press the rings down into place.

Otherwise, Iove these Warne rings.

Last edited by spec; 08/30/09.