Originally Posted by Glock2240
You did great. The pics look good to. I sold two of those last year to fund another project, still want to kick my a$$.
There were 12,088 of these rifles made from 1983-88, if anyone was wondering.

Tim
I have heard that several times and yet have been told by Marlin collectors, one is an old friend, who does not own a 1894 for about the same reason you listed, that the figure was about 3000 and the guy I talked with at Marlin told me IIRC about 3500 and that they were mfg June or July of 1983 to about March 1988, IIRC the dates he gave me. My buddy had said early fall was when they hit the market and they dropped them just after the first of the year in Feb or Mar of '88, but regardless it was not 4 years with three thousand a year made as for as production went. One has to also remember they were not made continually during that period as they mfg one model for a while then switch to other model, this is still done at Marlin last I heard.

Here is mine below. I was at the range with it today checking the sights and I was shooting sub 2" groups with one 5 round group measuring 1 5/8" and it all original and no optic's.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by oldnavy6393; 09/03/09. Reason: Spelling @ sentence structure.

At the age of 18 when I joined the US Military I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic, that oath did not end with my retirement.