What about over-travel? It's been awhile since I worked on one, but if I remember right, that was the one thing that was not easy to address.

Had the same quandry. I picked up a MkII in 6.5x55 that had been shot little if at all but strangely had the trigger worked apparently as described above. Was crisp & light but long overtravel. What I eventually did was rough the front upper part of the trigger above the pivot as much as possible (that's some hard steel), and build up a ball of marine epoxy there. When the lower part of the trigger is pulled this upper part pivots toward the stop. After the epoxy was dry & cured in a warm oven I shaped it into a blunt cone with a file then little by little took material off the top. The cone of epoxy limits the amount of travel. It was just a matter of fitting & filing until I had what I wanted. Was a bit concerned about the longevity of the set up but so far after maybe 100 rds and a couple of years everything has held. Initially tried to build up a spot of solder instead of epoxy but couldn't make it happen. Best option with this method would probably be a spot weld dot but I don't know how that would affect the metal.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."