The first thing I do is clean the barrel before I ever fire a shot because I don't know whats in there..After that I just shoot them and clean them once or twice a year but pull a boresnake through them every 50 or so rounds.

I have done it both ways and I cannot tell any difference as far as a hunting rifle goes..I will say I am pretty certain you would not be much more than a couple of thousands more accurate with all the mess and fuss or barrel break in..

Every Lother Walther barrels I have owned has shot under an inch with and without breakin..I get the same reports from Jim Brockman, Jack Belk, and others on LW barrels..Their polishing process is so unique that breakin might be counter productive??

Fact is I don't know and I don't care, mine shoot extemely well without breaking them in with a method, so I'm good to go without all the hoopla..It only makes since anyway because a barrel shoots best after 200 to 300 rounds so I would call that break in..I also believe a barrel will shoot or it won't and if it won't I just rebarrel it and use the other one for a tent stake.

Some folks like breaking in barrels, its all part of the game and so its a good thing..Some folks get bored with such antics so they just shoot the guns and that breaks them in well enough and thats also a good thing, you don't have to do anything but just shoot them for hunting accuracy.

The choice is yours.