I've purchased 5 Tikka's and have always had the same results. Even though the break-in process isn't for everyone, I've done it now for several decades and have found copper fouling to be either non-existent or reduced to a non-issue.

I also own a Sako which, as always, was broken in the same way. From my experience however, neither my Sako 75's barrel nor any of my T3's have chrome lined barrels. Perhaps I need some schoolin' on that, but after much readin' and conversations with the Beretta/Sako people, never has one even mentioned them having chrome lined barrels. Doesn't mean they don't, but............

Chrome lined barrels, as was mentioned, aren't touted as ultra accuracy producin' barrels, although they aren't making them less accurate these days. More round count life, yes, but not as accurate as standard chrome moly or SS barrels. In regards to stock AR barrels, Bushmaster's anyway, they only offer their chrome lined barrels in their shorties/SD models, never their varmint models.

I'd be most interested if you were to find out differently....thanks.

Nice shootin' and welcome to the cheap plastic, ugly world of unpretentious, reliable, reasonably priced and more often than not, super accurate rifles.......wink.

Last edited by magnumb; 09/16/09.