Hey white
I am not an expert but I know what works. Did alot of hunting out of one and still do. its fun to jump shoot ducks in one. I got alot of deer in one but the great state of michigan put a stop to that. We used to sneek up on the deer and pop them in the head with a pistol or shotgun if on the left side pistol on right. Fast jumpshooting with ducks. Me and a hunting buddy goes down drainage ditches and the more curves the better. double barrel works the best. put a carpet in the bottom if you have an aluminum one because the noise. if you have one of those composite ones you wont need that. I got mine at a garage sale and that was 15 yrs ago and still ok I put more scar stories on it and a little paint ( camo ) custom paint job and have fun. if you want stability make an outrigger for it. if you want to trol get a good garage sale motor and battery and strap it the back and go. dont get an outboard. you will be surprised at how fast you will go with an electric. if you are by yourself use the battery as a counter weight in front. if you are looking for a new one look no farther than an oldtown or a myers ( aluminum ) square sterns are better for the motor stuff but my paddle add on works ok. I can go on and on but let us know what info you need.

Bearbeater