horse 1,

I live in eastern MT.....probably not as many Schnees's as in the western part of the state.

I grew up on a farm/ranch. My dad, who must have had excellent circulation, wore oxford shoes with overshoes in the winter. He said they were warmer and lighter than cowboy boots/overshoes. He never owned a pac, and he was outdoors as much as anyone I ever knew. I don't know how he did it.

I got my first pacs, a set of green Montgomery Wards, when I was about 12. I sent to Sorels after that. Got the Mickey Mouse boots (have no idea of the manufacturer, but I know they were made in a third-world country) when I was 18 and snowmobiling a lot. They were super warm, but impractical for walking or doing anything where you had to move. But they were great on a snowmobile or an open loader tractor.

I went to Lacrosse Iceman pacs in the 90s, and liked them. But the White's are the best leathertop /rubber bottom pac I've personally owned. That's not to say they are the best out there....just the best I've used.