Was down at Wally World picking up Seafire Jr some stuff...and saw the New Shooting Times on the shelf... Don't spend money on those rags anymore.. but they do occasionally have something that catches my eye..

on the cover is a New Savage Model..the 111 Long Range Hunter..
Black Synthetic Stock, Adjustable cheek piece ( I didn't care for that), Large Bolt Handle, Removable Muzzle Brake.. Blued Steel...

Price is MSRP of $664.00.. so it should be available in the $500 to $525.00 range...

Although it is available in several long range calibers, chosen for the article by Lain Simpson, was the 6.5 x 284.. with a 24 inch barrel and a one in 8 twist...

anyway, I thought this was a pretty cool offering by Savage...
especially considering the features, vs the wallet friendly price...

the 6.5 x 284 is still mated to a long action.. which means that a bullet can be seated really far out there...lets hope that they don't put a spacer in there...if short chambered, the throat can be tweaked out by a gunsmith...

a big thumbs up for Savage...as I think they have another winner on their hands... a company listing to what customers actually want... cool

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez