There certainly seems to be some ignorance of what a scoped single shot pistol is capable of accuracy wise. From a good rest, it will be nearly as accurate as the best rifles, and more accurate than many rifles. My 218 mashburn bee, which wasn't my most accurate barrel, would with boring regularity hit the head of a 150 yd turkey silouette. My 6.5 GR would print 3 shot 1/2" groups at 100 yds, when I did my part.

The thing I did mention was praciticing from field positions, because it is more difficult to get a solid field position with the single shot pistols, and sometimes if you have a hard rest under the pistol grip, you will throw shots.

Personally I just never found myself carrying the contender in the field, I'd rather have a scoped rifle, or an iron sighted six gun. Still, a scoped 10" contender is a very comact package, and can be had in chambering that will be quite capable of accurately placing their shots, and having enough terminal balisitics for 200 yd or a touch more on deer. The 15" encore adds enough speed to make it an honest 300 yd, and change proposition, to those capable of making the shots.

Plenty of folks take shots with rifles they aren't capable of making, so don't think scoped pistols create poor shots.