Nice Tact. Do what you feel is best for you. So sorry to step on your feelers here. I'm telling you only what I found with tool steels (which are used in the fire arms industries as you should very well know).

I take it you have never research on the effects of these treatments and just follow blindly because he said, she said? Sorry, I'm not a subscriber to this. I try to make informed decisions not based on this theology. I've also learned to get my own hard fact over the years as well (cant always count on the internet info).

Any one worth there salt will take BEFORE and AFTER measurement when a steel is subject to a treatment as well as service life under given stress. I would be surprised if this is a common practice performed by these these companies with what is know today (after research and experiences with what it actually does).

Also, I was unaware that metalurgist where into measuring warpage of different steels after treatment. I was also unaware that they were into to measuring stress levels in steels after the machining processes. Truly you MUST be a metalurgist to be speaking up for them. Sometimes you need to use real world testing instead of theories for final product production (as these manufactures should surly know already). I do have a company that produces high performance diesel products from steels and aluminum. I have to create products that not only hold up to extreme punishment but also don't act like an anode with the given environment they will be enduring.

Last edited by SUPERDIESEL1; 11/01/09.

Some go through life wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. Ronald Regan

My Longest shot is my shortest stalk. USMC 83-87