I agree with what everyone else has stated. Good stuff and all I use on my rifle bores. Despite what WipeOut claims about also being a rust preventative, I've never used it for that. After using a tight fitting patch to remove some of the WipeOut, I spray a degreaser (from Wally World's automotive section) into the bore to remove the rest of it and than I follow up with a good rust preventative. I use Corrosion-X but there are other products that also do a good job of corrosion protection. WipeOut may well be a good bore rust preventative but it smells like caustic soda to me and, even if it is buffered, I still don't entirely trust it for that purpose nor am I gonna take a chance that it will work.

I apply WipeOut from the muzzle. If you do this, some advice:1) Make sure you have a tight seal between the muzzle and the WipeOut can nozzle. It's not hard to do but something to be aware of; and, 2) Before applying, shake the hell out of the can for at least 1 minute (the less in the can, the more you need to shake it) and just hit the spray button for about 1 second. Any longer than that and you stand a good chance of the foam over-expanding out of the chamber end. Don't ask me how I know this! If it happens, it's really just a mess and nothing more. However, be advised that WipeOut will attack aluminum. So, you want to provide protection if your rifle floorplate and/or magazine follower are aluminum. This a good reason not to over-apply the stuff in the first place. Finally, if you have an aluminum rifle receiver, WipeOut probably isn't the ideal product to use, though I don't know how long it takes for the stuff to actually attack aluminum.

Once again, this stuff works great on my rifles.