bberg

You sure seem unlucky. Thats a heck of a stash of recovered X type bullets! Wondering if you are shooting the light for caliber theory and that ping pong ball just doesn't do it as well as a standard weight would possibly?

JB

I"m still scared of the Bergers but have a box of 180 non hunting ones in 7mm that I'll try in my 7x300 this year hopefully. If they go in and blow up, that would be ok, if they stopped inside the ribcage. How often do they blow out the other side and just leave lots of damage and large holes? Folks at Berger suggested that if I was afraid of meat loss and large holes I definitely shouldn't use Bergers and I appreciate the candor.
Also whats your take on a raking shot with the bergers, if you had to drop one in the flank etc... are they simply a precision placement bullet or do you feel they are an all around one?

At least the folks at Berger did say try the non hunting version for my uses as its not gonna blow up as bad....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....