Originally from up near you. I cannot say that I have snowshoed and called....yet. I will this year in WA.

I have shot truckloads in the southwest US. I have a boatload of calls.

On the cheap, I can recommend anything Sceery-the rubberized camo calls. With coyotes, I have found you cannot blow them too much sound. Of course start at medium volume or less for a few minutes.

You should have both reds and greys up there and will probably be more prevalent and easier to call in.

I am a fan of the Eberlestock packs. I have an X1 model that I use for calling and scouting. Your weapon fits into the scabbard and leaves your hands free for trekking poles or other.

An ensolite pad for your cheeks will be necessary.

In my opinion, you will really have to stick and move. Meaning, your property will only be good for about 2 stands at most. That's just a guess on the terrain and habitat. But if you have 100 timbered acres, you can cover most of that in two stands.

And coyotes leave a lot of tracks, which make you think there are a billion, and they cover a TON of ground in 24 hours.

I think you will find success due to your desire to get out and about in the dead of winter in a somewhat untapped sport.

Good luck

Please God, give me some good tags this year....