Seafire: Herein lies the error of your ways regarding "collector guns" - my BANK is offering 00000.47% interest on my savings account!
Not even 1% interest!!!
In other words for every $1,000.00 I leave at my bank for a YEAR I earn $4.70!!!
Hardly worth the risk of leaving that much money in a BANK!
That Rifle on the other hand has been earning about 8.00% or maybe even 10.00% interest - in the way of increased value every year since it was new!
Not only will Shrapnel earn money in the way of increased value (appreciation!) with his newly invested dollars he WILL be pridefully owning (and maybe even shooting!) one of the "coolest" 22 Hornet Rifles ever made - THE pre-war Winchester Model 70!
The bluing alone on that pre-war Model 70 is more beautiful and more beautifully done than on any factory Hornet Rifle ever made - anywhere in the world!
Then just slide the bolt open on that pre-war Model 70 action and enjoy the smoothness and strength that is obvious while one does so!
Aaaahhhh......
I have owned Hornets made by Sako, Anschutz, Ruger #1's, savage, Ruger 77's, post-war Model 70's and some Winchester Model 43's - none of them compare to the strength, safety, good looks and investment potential with that of a pre-war Model 70 Hornet!
YOUR refusal to invest in collector guns is shortsighted and only punishes YOU in the over-all scheme of life!
Invest carefully and enjoy life MORE - is my motto!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy