VG;

you read my post's meaning wrong...I admit I would not purchase one for investment purposes...

My motivation would be in purchasing it for an heirloom, to pass on down to my son...

granted the Hornet is not my cup of tea... on the other hand, one in 220 Swift would be.. a local guy has one, that was bought by his grandfather in 1940...who evidently used it as a deer and elk rifle..I think he looks for me when he has it at the range, just to gloat as I lust over it..

I admit, if it was a perfect world, I'd have a safe full of Winchester target rifles none newer than about 1955 to hand down to my son... and his children..

firearms like that are priceless in my eyes..

so I apologize if my post read negatively to what I was trying to get across.. It is strictly the chambering..

but then again, if I had a Model 54 is 30/30 and 35 Remington, I'd think I had won the lottery...

this is a reason I won't part with any of the Model 70s I own now...

while you and I share our love for varmint rigs and shooting varmints, when it comes to classic firearms... the Old Stuff from Winchester, Rem, Mauser, Springfield etc are what I wish ALL of my big game rifles were...

and in old non trendy calibers... 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, 256 Newton... Model 54s in 270, 30 Govt, 300 Savage, 6.5 x 54, 7.65 Belgian...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez