You might draw a buck tag ("A") the first time -- my daughter did this year, after drawing a "landowner sponsor" tag last year. Better luck than I've had, though I've done very well and have no complaints. I have hunted down near Ft. Benton the past three years, and dearly love it. I hunt mostly on private land, through a variety of arrangements, but have hunted on some state land as well. Just down the river it's mostly BLM, thus readily available.

You can often times get doe ("B") tags as well, and since all the mule deer meat my daughter and I've gotten along the Missouri River have been very very good, that's a pretty good addition. Lots of places along there also have antelope, and the seasons generally overlap a couple of weeks.

The people in that part of Montana are wonderful people, if you're agreeable and functional yourself, or at least try to be... smile. A bunch of the nicest and hardest-working people I've ever encountered, anywhere.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."