i love it out there, started hunting it 7 years ago when i started going with the gal thats now my wife.....aint interested in hunting many other places around here even if it is public land.....if i get the itch for a big whitetail ill look elsewhere but for mulies and killing time for the general season ill stick to out there....keep trying for a bull elk tag for the Pines area, we see monsters every year but there are only 10 rifle tags doled out....kinda funny to see mulies, whitetail, elk and speed goats on the same walk some days.....

on the north side of the Willow Creek road way up on the north side of the creek, there is a big sagebrush flat that we hunt speed goats on when we have the tags.....most ppl bang away at them from a 1/4 mile away but the wife and i figured out how to hunt them and can usually get with in a coupld hundred yards if the wind is blowing right....have some pictures somewhere of the flat where yah see some bushes off in the distance.....but the bushes are actually the tops of 40-50 foot cottonwoods, the creek has sure cut a deep ditch through that flat...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books