Originally Posted by AggieDog
Saddlesore, yes, that's what I was wondering, if it was the newer, and more expensive, high tech material. I am sure glad I didnt spring for that. My way of thinking is a wall tent needs to be made out of 10 oz canvas as it always has been.

Saddlesore, another thing I have heard on the high tech material is it does not hold heat like canvas does., certainly another consideration in choosing wall tents.

I have one of the Cabelas Alaknak 13'x27' tents and I'm very happy with it.

Now, keep in mind, I'm using it in Kentucky where a giant snowfall is unlikely but I have camped in it with wind above 40 knots and it held up just fine. No, it does not hold heat as well as a canvas tent but when it gets warm it has eight windows as well as bug screens for ventilation.

Huge plus for us is that getting it bone dry before storage isn't needed like canvas is. Being nylon I think a propane heater would turn it into a rain forest but the Outfitter sized cylinder stove keeps it dry and warm.

I did a lot of research before I went with it and after two seasons I'm very pleased with it. Just wanted folks to get another perspective on them.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated