Originally Posted by rattler
if the natives would quit shooting the SOB's we would have a nice population up here in the northeast corner....however the corridor the keep coming out of Canada and down brings them right to the reservation and their lifespan once they hit the rez is bout 3 days.....been nearly a dozen killed in the last year alone....cows, bulls and calves....tribal telegraph moves faster than the moose and they wind up in someones freezer ASAP....

They don't even have to be the rez to be up for grabs. Jourdannais figures there were at least 8 killed in the root this year by natives on NF. They don't even have to check them in though, so it's really a guess.
How in the hell is F&G supposed to manage a herd of animals when they can't even control the legal human kills.

The F&G management is messed up too. I hunt two different areas with roughly ~100 moose in each unit. Both units have wolves. One unit has 3 bull tags up for grabs, the other has 15 bull and 15 cow tags. I could understand a slight variance, but 10x.... come on.

I wouldn't go as far as to say 'forget it' like some of the others have, if you wanna apply, go for it. Just don't expect a tag anytime soon, and don't get your hopes too high for having much for options on bulls if you do draw.