Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by guyandarifle

So, what has this got to do with a hunting rifle conversation? First, let's call a bad rifle shot what it is...a bad shot. I can still slice or hook (usually the latter) that 650 driver into the trees any time I don't put a good swing on it too. If you screw up the tool in your hand, rifle or club, isn't going to just magically fix things. (funny thing though, marketers for both golf and shooting equipment try their hardest to sell you just that idea) On the other hand, if you only mess up a little bit, maybe, just maybe, that bigger stick (club or rifle) could make a difference.

But guy......the elk has a big sweet spot--and you're not trying to hit the bullet with an elk--you're trying to hit the big sweet spot with a bullet........

Casey

LOL! Yeah, but sometimes critters don't like to stand where I want, like I want, at a distance I want and I hope I've doped the wind right and a better rest for my rifle would be nice...at least the damn golf ball is holding still at a known distance and it STILL doesn't always work out the way I had planned.

My last rifle purchase was in fact a .308, a nice, light and accurate stainless Tikka. Far be it from me to get all "it's gotta be a magnum or it won't work" but I am known to hedge my bets. (most people think a Spyderco Military is a bit big for EDC but hey, I like it)

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.