Originally Posted by crosshair
As a public officer for 17 years let me lay out four basic rules all public officers abide by:

1) CYA, means cover your azz

2) If you need to blame the other guy, in another department, in order to CYA, that's ok.

3) If you can't blame it on someone in another department, blame it on an underling.

4) If rules 1-3 fail, then plead ignorance and count it up to "Chit Happens"

I think others here with experience will agree that this is the way it works.

Yeah... no.

After the 9-11 commission many of the barriers between CIA and FBI that had been put in place by Klinton's administration were torn down, agents in the field were allowed to take the gloves off, and a lot of good work was done. We, the American public, were not "fully informed" about what they did, and more to the point, we did not NEED to know. Richard Reid's interrogation transcript was not released to the media. Surveillance tapes were not aired on CNN. Names of detainees were not broadcast. I did not and do not regard that as "lying to the American public". When dealing with terrorists, most of the work is necessarily clandestine.

Then Barry O took office, and immediately sic'd his dogs on the very people who kept America safe for 6+ years. This has resurrected the bad old days, it seems. No one in federal law enforcement trusts anyone else, and with good reason. Just doing your job in this environment can get you indicted.

If FBI and INS/Customs are withholding information from the public, it's because they're playing their cards close to the vest, and if I am gauging this correctly, it's because there are a lot more people involved in this terrorist attempt and they need time and stealth to wrap them up.

Did that idiot woman who is supposedly in charge of Homeland Security lie to us? Probably, but I also believe that she was (and possibly still is) largely ignorant of the full details of the case. My guess is that the people who are doing the real work on this case have been doing their best to keep information from going up the chain of command because they have absolutely zero trust in her and the rest of the Obamacrats.

Just my two cents.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars