Big sky,<BR>I have never done a 788 to a .284 parent chamber.However I can think of several reason not too.Like you figured the Magazine issue would need lots of time and effort to figure out to be reliable.<BR>Also the clearence on the rails might have to addressed.In the end however I suspect that it CAN be done.Just not economicly and as easy as a 700.<BR>Hold on to your hat because the 6mm-284 is catching on big,there is factory ammo out there now,and soon someone will be doing factory rifles in that chambering.<BR>If it's a full custom that you want however,<BR>I'll get out my notes and try to figure out the job on the 788 for ya.<BR>The big problem with the 788 is parts these days are getting slim.<BR>Nope no trigger for a 788 laying around,but I will try if ya need one.Just gimme a bump on the E-mail echo4echohotmail.com or salessandbsports.com and I'll see what I can't scratch up?<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Life is too short for inaccurate rifles,ugly women,and the webdoofus at shooters.com

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!