I'm doing fine, thanks.

I'm running 200 gr bullets at 2750 in my 20" Ruger .338 RCM. The 210's TSX's I'm running about 2650 for hunting, because those are more accurate than the faster ones I've developed so far. I can run 210's at 2750, but the ones I've built so far are not very accurate. 225's I'm running over 2600 fps, but I haven't done much work with them yet. I'm fairly confident I can get close enough to factory numbers to mean little one way or the other -- I certainly have with my .338 Federal, though the first couple of years it was out "everyone" said I couldn't.

FWIW, I never bought the .338 RCM with the idea it would "beat" the .338 WinMag. I looked the information over and it was pretty clear this was a short-action .338-06+, and that struck me as a really good thing. I don't worry too much about what advertisers have to say, because it's pretty easy to tell what they are trying to do. Despite all the advertorial commentary, the rifle and cartridge themselves seemed really worthwhile, so I bought one. Have yet to buy or fire a factory shell in it, so I don't know how that works... whistle.

Good luck with your .338-06. I've run a Whelen since 1993, and think the world of it. I'm not sure but what the .338-06 cartridge may be marginally better, for whatever that may be worth.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."