Originally Posted by Flinch
Actually, a lot of guys shoot .44 mags through their .444's. The .444 has the same dimensions, just longer. I load one in the mag and one in the pipe. It won't feed more than one out of the mag. That is why I wanted some reduced load data. Thanks for the info on the Marlin forum. Flinch
Instead of shooting 44 Rem Mag cases in the 444, I can tell you from experience, that if you load 444 cases using 44 Rem Mag load data, you will end up getting 44 Mag Velocities..just lower pressure.

Both SR 4756 and SR 4759 give good accurate loads for the 444. Data is either out of Lyman's Cast Bullet manual. or using 44 Rem Mag data.

that route is alot safer than using 44 Rem Mag cases in your 444.

Also for those who don't like the recoil, 44 caliber bullets are about as aerodynamic as a pingpong ball. I can drop loads down to the 1800 fps range from the 2200 fps range, and surprisingly lose about 10 to 15 yds of point blank range at most.

I almost use Hornady XTP bullets for my 444, so the lower velocity is not handicapped by the bullet design. The kids love shooting 200 grain XTPs at 800 to 1000 fps using Trail Boss powder. for hunting, I load it up with 25 to 35 grains of SR 4759 and a 300 grain XTP...

That still makes a decent 150 yd rifle, and that is pretty much the distance that is reasonable with it.

Mine is the older type, built in 1980 and bought early 1981 for $219.00 brand new out of the box!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez