Hawken -

Congrtulations on your good taste!

When I purchased my .300 WM it came with the Canoe Paddle stock and was seriously discounted because, I guess, no one wanted a rifle with that stock. In fact, my intent at the time of purchase was to replace the stock with a laminate.

Instead, I put a sling on the stock, which quieted down the sling swivels, and took it hunting. What I discovered was that 1) the stock was rugged as heck and 2) did not appear to detract from accuracy. I also enjoyed the fact that it was synthetic � no worries about water damage, dings, etc. In the end I decided it was a keeper.

Although �different�, I�ve always kind of liked the look.

Would I buy another one? You bet.

My stock came with wood (walnut?) inserts. I thought that was rather ridiculous on a synthetic stock so I ordered the synthetic inserts from Rugers. When the inserts came, I found out the screw lengths used were different as well, so I had to call Ruger and order new screws.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.