A bunch of posts here and on AR from late 2008 and early 2009 detailed quality problems, service problems, and nasty customer service personnel problems with this rifle. Barrel bands coming off when it was shot, bad headspace, etc. on this $3000 rifle.

Trouble is, I went and looked at one at the local emporium and it is the slickest looking thing I ever saw (almost). Better yet, it seems to weigh about 8 pounds, not a ton and a half like the CZ and a lot of others. I would really like one. About the only alternatives are the Model 70 Safari Express, which isn't released yet, and Ruger's .375 Ruger, and I'd prefer the H&H cartridge.

The guy at the gun store ordered 5 and has sold 4 quickly. He claims (based on other Kimbers) that his customers have gotten really good customer service, better than most other makers.

Does anyone know if Kimber has gotten their act together? Perhaps the poor reports were just startup pains.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.