Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I think I WILL probably wait for the Model 70, as my next trip to Africa is not until May, 2011.

Now that this thread has been semi-hijacked into a push feed vs. CRF thread, I too am interested in any verified instances of problems CAUSED by the fact that a rifle was PF. I have heard of M700 extractors breaking but that is not a push feed problem. Aside from that, I don't think it makes any difference. Every military rifle action designed since 1903 has been PF. Shooting thousands of rounds in NRA Highpower, I have never had a feeding problem with them, or with PF or CRF bolt rifles. PF rifles, incidentally, feed perfectly well with the rifle upside down.

I have heard of problems with CRF rifles but those were not due to the fact that they were CRF.

Look at the size of the extractor on vearious rifles. A Model 70 CRF extractor grips more of the case rim than a Weatherby MkV which, in turn, grips more than a Remington PF. This could be an advantage if you have trouble extracting the case for some reason, but heck, my DG loads almost fall out of the action and they don't get mashed on the floor of the bakke for years on end.

I only had one extraction problem in my life. The case stayed in the chamber when the bolt was drawn backwards. That was a hot loaded 30-06 case, neck sized only, and mOdel 98 action.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.