It hasn't stopped snowing or raining for one second so I figured what the heck. Had hoped to show this in a more natural habitat.

It looks more "natural" to the lines of the carbine to have the sight in the rear two holes but as mentioned before the rear hangs off. I think mounted in the rear holes on a 336 or 1895 (the mounting holes are more forward than they are on this little 1894) where it would sit about even with the end of the receiver it wouldn't look any more obstrusive than the big sight on an Enfield or something.

Sure wanted to get out and shoot today to see what this is really like on 8" paper plates at 200 yards. Been playing with it over the past few days in the back yard, aiming at distant leaves on trees, squirrels and things. This isn't a target shooting sight for small targets at long range as the 4 MOA dot covers 8" at 200 yards, 12" at 300 etc. But I figured what an open sight front bead covers and that is about 12 MOA or 2 feet at 200. On a good target, like a stop sign even 3 blocks away (about 300 yards), you can aim dead center just about as well as you could with a peep sight and a round bullseye at that distance.

It still looks a little weird to me but I'm getting used to it. Lots bigger than a peep sight but obviously not as bulky as a scope. I'm getting presbyopia so near stuff is blurry but far stuff is still okay. What I really like about this is that I can aim again without using my eyeglasses. Just look at your target and that little red dot shows up nice and sharp against it.

I'm liking this so much that even without shooting the rifle I went ahead and ordered another one for my Ruger Mk II 5 1/2" bull barrel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Don't bother to open the attachments as they are the same pictures shown here.

Attached Images
1894 Burris back.jpg (75.53 KB, 9497 downloads)
1894 Burris right.jpg (65.13 KB, 39650 downloads)
1894 Burris right closeup.jpg (97.49 KB, 25978 downloads)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!