Have had it out to the range twice and I'm liking it just fine. The handling of the rifle is great. Taking almost 3/4 pound off of the top really makes a difference.

I used a 4" black square for a 100 yard sight in and it is easy to center the dot in the square. When I got it all sighted in at 100 the dot appears to sit almost right on top of the hood of the front sight so that should give you an idea of where your head position will be. Since it's a reflex sight your eye doesn't have to line up perfectly, if the dot is on the target you're going to hit it even if it looks off center in the sight window. It's very, very quick to use.

It's not a precision target sight, if you want to hit the second P on a Pepsi can then a scope works better, but then one of the main reasons for this is to get rid of the bulky scope. As long as you just want to hit center on your target this works dandy as far out as the point blank range of your rifle. And once I learned where to hold above it I was whacking the 200 yard ringer pretty regularly.

Probably said this 3 or 4 times talking about these, but if my eyes could still focus well on a front sight I'd prefer a peep. But that is mostly because of a "set in my ways" prejudice against electronic sights being as reliable as a mechanical device. But our soldiers in combat zones seem to find them real useful and reliable enmough for that sort of duty.

Bottom line is I am highly pleased with this Fastfire. It has satisfied all of my expectations and criteria for choosing it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!